Exciting news: you can now order your food to-go online! We’re making it even easier to take Common Block food (and beer) home with you – just visit our website, click the ‘Order To Go Online’ button, and add whatever you’re craving to your ticket. You can pay either online or when you pick it up, making it an awesome way to place an order for a work group, a hungry teenager or that one person you know who always forgets their wallet at home.
New Online Ordering Features
- Schedule your order to be picked up right away, or hours into the future. If you’ve already decided during the mid-afternoon lull that you don’t want to make dinner tonight, place your order early and schedule for pick-up at 5:00.
- Add special requests…if you don’t want cheese on your salad, just let us know. Want an extra side of ketchup? You can tell us that, too. You can type in your special message for each item, so your order comes exactly how you want it. Ordering for a big group? You can also use the feature to write people’s names on their orders. When we see a ticket with lots of names, we’ll write each one on their to-go box so there’s no confusion about who has what. That’s right Bill, keep your hands off Susan’s Reuben.
- Order gift cards online, too! For the holidays or special occasions, just hop on our online ordering page, click ‘Start Your Order’ and then click on ‘Buy a gift card’ up at the top. You can have their gift card either emailed or texted, and send it right away or on a future date – you can schedule out gift cards for the entire year in one step (if you’re a Type A, get-er-done kind of person).
- If you have your own gift card, you can also go to the online ordering page to check your card balance – no need to play guessing games with how much you have left.
- Taking beer home in a growler, too? You can pay for that online all at the same time. Just ring in which beer you want to fill your half gallon or liter bottle with, and once you arrive it’s all paid for. Just make sure you bring your own bottle!
We hope you find our new online ordering system as convenient and easy-to-use as we have. Just add your order, choose to pay online or when you get here, and then head straight to the bar counter to pick up your food when it’s ready. Have any questions? Feel free to call us at 541-326-2277 and ask more about how it works!
We’re (finally!) getting started on the finishing touches for the restaurant, and now we’re excited to begin hiring for our big, awesome brewpub team. If you’re looking for a job with rewards that include tasting and sipping, then you’re a like-minded foodie and beer-lover after our own heart, and we’d love to talk with you. Know someone who you think would be a great fit? Please send ’em our way!
Who we’re looking for at Common Block
We’re hoping to meet people who love eating good food and drinking craft beer, like we do! For our opening brewery crew, we’re looking for hard-working team players who are adaptable, driven, and independent. And if you have extra talents, let us know – there will be lots of opportunities along the way to jump into creative roles on our brewery-building adventure.
Hiring our brewery team puts us another step toward opening our doors soon, so we’re excited to start gathering a great group of people! Here’s how to apply: print the application form, fill it out, and bring it along to any of our regular hiring orientations, Thursdays at 4pm and Saturdays at 10am. This is when we meet everyone face-to-face for about 30 minutes, offer a tour of the building, and give details on all positions. A few things to note: these are the only times we’ll be taking applications, and everyone on our service staff must be 21 and over (we’ll be making beer here after all).
You can find us downtown at the Medford Commons, next to Lithia Motors. We’re the big, green building at 315 E. 5th Street. You can visit our Home page for a map and directions, too. And by the way, since we’re still a construction zone in here, we recommend sporting clothes you don’t mind getting a little dusty!
We’re thrilled to see opening day in our sights, and can’t wait to celebrate with a great crew. We get a kick out of working with fun, motivated people, and we have a fantastic staff in place already to welcome more great coworkers. Thanks for looking, and cheers!
We may not have our professional brewing equipment yet, but that doesn’t keep us from making beer! Our head brewer, John, brought his impressive homebrewing set-up to our downtown Medford building, and spent a day making a pale ale recipe for us all to enjoy after a hard day of brewpub-building work.
We just tapped it last week, and – no surprise here – we love it! John’s beer, Rough Draft Ale, has us more excited than ever to jump into this beer-making adventure. Here are the notes on Rough Draft, and all the things it makes us want to eat and do.
Separating grain. Eat your heart out, MacGyver.
What’s in it
2-Row, Victory, Wheat Malt
John waits for a boil.
What it tastes like
The first thing we noted about this beer is the citrusy hop aroma. The mouthfeel is light and crisp, while the piney and fruity hop flavors give Rough Draft a solid kick. The hoppy finish is long and lingering, like an awkward cross-the-room stare.
What we want to eat with it
The first thing that comes to mind is a basket of fried calamari. We’d also like to have a pint with a rosemary-rubbed pork chop, or crispy fish with lemon tartar sauce. Foods with light-to-medium bodies, a bit of fat, and slight citrus characters are right up this beer’s alley.
And if you’d like to learn a little more about John (because we think he does a heckuva job), check out our Headbrewer Bio post from earlier this week.